Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It's almost Here!

Well, there’s little waiting left to be done until the season begins at home against Farmington. Less than 48 hours. I was told the Firebirds flew in a scout to check out our 2008 Railroaders when they arrived Tuesday, but I haven’t seen the little bugger yet. I remember what they did to us in the second game of last year’s season opening series. The score was so bad my mind refuses to remember it, but I looked it up, 23-2. They sure messed all over the Yard and it took me all night after that game to clean it up. Well, we did end up taking the best of 3 games, losing only that one. If they try anything like that this time, I’m bringing my rock salt to put an end to it!

I’ve seen our players and they are a healthy looking bunch. There are a couple speeders, giants, and all touch looking too, like me . . can hardly wait to see them play. Too bad the Thursday exhibition game was called off, but these guys look like they’ll jell as a team quickly anyway, I know Coach Estes will have them ready. Well, the Birds will be a great way to kick it off, just hope I found that scout before he can report back to Farmington about what he’s seen.

Doesn't look like Marlene will get the batgirl job. She over 14 and refuses to get a nose job.

See you Friday night. Let’s play ball!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Buddy that scout is closer than you think, is there a cat in the house?
    I can hear the rumble of the train now, I have a huge pile of coal ready to stoke up the boiler, the train is ready and will be all fired up to roll over anything in the way, those birds will be umm lets say the first tragity of the 2008 season. Forget bout game 2 last year, cant wait for friday night,you save me a spot under the bleachers I will be there fresh off the tracks. Come on out and catch the opener folks welcome in the new crew of the train and welcome back a few return guys,
    good luck Estes you the man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hoghead for keeping us updated. I will be watching from afar. Lets keep the pennant at Lohause.

    ReplyDelete