Saturday, June 16, 2007

Great Win, tight score, we'll take it!

What a night, it put a smile on my face . . . well as much of one as I can muster. It was pleasant to see the bats come alive and run production improve. I expected and got no less than a superb pitching performance from Cory White . . , or was it Cory Brown? No, Cory White, . .Heck, I’m colorblind anyway. And what a treat from Tyler Rehmel, who was batting only .193 going into tonight’s game. His grand slam in the first inning made me want my nacho right then and there. Those Hounds wouldn’t quit though. They played hard and scared me several times. Even our own players were affecting my nerves. We miss one opportunity in the 6th with Tanner Hall on first when a pass ball should have gotten him to second. Hey Guys, you snooze, you lose! Make no mistake, we dodged one tonight. All and all the team play pretty good tonight, but we should have and could have poured it on thicker if we’d been a little more attentive. The Greyhounds will be back, and we’d better be ready for them!

4 comments:

  1. WHAT A NIGHT!!! WE NEEDED THIS WIN SO BAD!! FOR THOSE DOGS TO SWEEP US IN THE 3 GAME SERIES WOULD BE O SO BAD, BUT BEHIND OUR HOT BATS AN CORY WHITES ARM,IS HE THE SHIT OR WHAT?, WE SENT THE DOGS HOME WITH TAILED TUCKED, ITS TIME TO BE THE ROAD WARRIORS NEXT WEEK AND WORK OUR WAY BACK TO THE TOP OF THE HEAP!! GO RAILROADERS!
    GRAND SLAMS ARE SO SWEET ,RIGHT TYLER?
    AND ZAK IT DID CLEAR THE FIRESTATION!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes G, Cory is the #&?*! We just to remember that this is a "G" rated blog, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotcha,I was just so gosh dog excited!!!Go Railroaders

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can surely understand that Excitement!

    ReplyDelete